Nutty Chicken Satay Strips
Total Servings: 2
Total Calories: 276cal
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 cucumber, cut into fingers
- Sweet chili sauce to serve
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- A few shakes of soy sauce
1. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick paper and preheat the oven to 200C/180C with a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
2. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with 1 finely grated garlic, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp soy sauce, and 2 tbsp lime juice. Some nut butter is thicker than others, so add a drop or two of hot water to thin it out if necessary.
3. Mix in 2 chicken breast fillets without skin and cut them into strips. Spread evenly on the baking pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked but still juicy.
4. Serve heated with 10 centimeters of cucumber sliced into fingers and sweet chili sauce. Alternately, allow to cool and refrigerate for up to two days.
Chicken & Lemon Skewers
Total Servings: 4
Total Calories: 363cal
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 small pack of mint
- 150g natural yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 piece ginger, grated
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut each one into 6 pieces
- 4 whole meal flatbreads or pittas
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced, to serve
- pickled red cabbage, chili sauce, and hummus to serve (all optional)
1. Put the chopped mint, half of the lemon juice, lemon zest, spices, and ginger in a bowl.
2. Mix well, and then add a lot of black pepper and a little bit of salt. Add the chicken pieces, stir well, and put the dish in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes. Soak four large wooden skewers in water for a minimum of twenty minutes (or use metal ones).
3. Preheat the grill to medium heat when preparing to cook the chicken, and line the grill plate with aluminum foil. Thread the chicken onto the wet wooden or metal skewers and grill for 15- 17 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the chicken is fully cooked and browned. Warm the flatbreads for a few seconds under the grill, and then serve them with the lettuce, chicken, red onion, remaining lemon juice, mint, and any extras you want, like extra yogurt, pickled cabbage, chili sauce, or hummus.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Casserole
Total Servings: 3
Total Calories: 382cal
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 25 minutes
- knob of butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 ½ tablespoon flour
- 400g baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 diced sticks of celery
- 2 diced carrots
- 250g mushrooms
- 15g dried porcini mushroom
- 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 2 bay leaves
1. In a large frying pan, saute 1 finely chopped large onion for 8-10 minutes in a knob of butter and 1/2 tbsp olive oil until softened and caramelized.
2. Mix 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets in a bowl with 1 1/2 tbsp flour, salt, and pepper. Add 3 smashed garlic cloves and the chicken and heat for 4-5 minutes until the chicken starts to brown. In the slow cooker, combine 400g halved baby new potatoes, 2 chopped celery sticks, 250g quartered mushrooms, 2 diced carrots, 15g dried and reconstituted porcini mushrooms with soaking liquid, chicken stock, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, and 2 bay leaves.
3. Stir well. Cook on Low or High for 5-6 hours. Serve with Dijon mustard.
Easy Chicken Okonomiyaki
Total Servings: 4
Total Calories: 318cal
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 250g chicken breast mince
- 125g green beans, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chilled water
- 200g packet fine cut coleslaw
- 1½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup whole meal plain
1. Finely chop 1-half of the bell pepper. Cut the other half into thin slices. Move to separate bowl.
2. Heat the oil over moderately high heat in a large pan that doesn’t stick. Add the chicken, and stir with a wooden spoon (until it breaks the chicken lumps). Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken gets brown.
3. Put in the beans, chopped garlic, and chopped bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until it gets soft. Set aside for 5 minutes so it can start to cool down. Mix in a bowl the eggs, flour and water. Whisk until everything is smooth and blended well. Mix the chicken and coleslaw with the flour mixture. Stir to mix. Wipe out the pan. Use oil to spray.
4. Warm up over a medium-high flame. Add 12 cups at a time of the mixture to the pan. Spread into 1-cm-thick discs with the back of a spoon. Cook each side for three minutes.
5. Repeat until you have made 8 pancakes. Drizzle oyster sauce over the pancakes. Serve with salad leaves and slices of bell pepper.